[xcrysden] toggle depth from script

Mark Mazar mazar83 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:06:18 CEST 2010

Hello xcrysden users,

I'm not sure that I successfully posted this message last time. So
here it is again.

My problem is that I'd like to turn on depth, set the fog color, set
the start factor, and finally the end factor automatically with a
script.

I already tried "scripting::display on depth" and variations like
Depth, depthcuing, depth-cuing, and Depth-Cuing.

I also tried using "array set check {depthcuing 1}," which I think is
the format from *.xcrysden files (when you use save current
structure).

To set the fog start and end factors, I tried using "set
myParam(START)" and variations like FOG_START and FOG_START_FACTOR.

None of my efforts were successful. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I can edit almost everything I need, but the solution to
the depth/fog problem seems to elude me.

Thank you,

--
Mark Mazar
PhD Candidate in Materials Science