[xcrysden] [Partially solved] Install fails at startup in function glLightfv()

Jim Parker jimparker96313 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 18:17:33 CET 2011

After further troubleshooting, I got the semi-shared version to run.

However, I'm not sure why it works now.  I had made several changes to
the system to attempt to fix the libGL crash, including upgrading the
kernel

$> sudo apt-get upgrade kernel

and installing libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa-dev and others that I lost track of.

I guess I'd like to know what is the exact difference between the
shared and semi-shared versions since one works and the other doesn't?

Cheers,
--Jim