[xcrysden] Library problem when installing Xcrysden in Windows 7

Lucia Rodrigo Insausti lucia.rodrigo at uam.es
Mon Aug 6 04:16:27 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I have tried to look for a solution to my problem in previous posts but I
didn't managed to find one. Maybe I missed it.
I have just installed the last version of cywin, then copied the xcrysden
installation folder in its /home directory.
When I start cywin and try to run xcrysden I get this error:

$ ./xcrysden

|*****************************************************************|
|*                                                               *|
|*  XCrySDen -- (X-Window) CRYstalline Structures and DENsities  *|
|*               =         ===         =              ===        *|
|*---------------------------------------------------------------*|
|*                                                               *|
|*    Anton Kokalj (tone.kokalj at ijs.si)                          *|
|*    Jozef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia                *|
|*                                                               *|
|*    Copyright (c) 1996--2012 by Anton Kokalj                   *|
|*                                                               *|
|*****************************************************************|

  Version: 1.5.53

  Please report bugs to: tone.kokalj at ijs.si

  TERMS OF USE:
  -------------
  XCRYSDEN is released under the GNU General Public License.

  Whenever graphics generated by XCRYSDEN are used in scientific
  publications, it shall be greatly appreciated to include an explicit
  reference. The preferred form is the following:

  [ref] A. Kokalj, Comp. Mater. Sci., Vol. 28, p. 155, 2003.
        Code available from http://www.xcrysden.org/.

XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR=/home/xcrysden-1.5.53-bin-cygwin
XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH=/tmp

*/home/xcrysden-1.5.53-bin-cygwin/bin/xcrys.exe: error while loading shared
libraries: libtk8.5.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory*

I have tried to look up in the webpage of cywin how to install this
library. I don't even know if that's exactly the problem because I'm not
very familiar with this kind of installing processes.

I'll really appreciate any help on this!!

Thanks

Lucia