[xcrysden] problem in case.klist_band file

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Tue Jul 10 10:20:50 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 18:06 +0900, محمد ارشد فرحان wrote:
> Dear Xcrysden Users & Developers,
> i'm using Xcrysden in conjunction with Wien2k. i have the latest
> versions of both.
> when i try to visualize fermi surface of a non magnetic material, it
> gives error as "Child killed: Segmentation Violation"
> this error does not occur to other magnetic cases.

This info is unfortunately insufficient to help.

> Also
> when i try to construct case.klist_band file, the multiplier is too
> large and the resulting file contains **** in place of k point
> coordinates.  few lines are copied in the following as example:
>

> K.1           0    0    0*****  2.0-8.00 8.00    k-list generated by
> XCrySDen
>            3483    0    0*****  2.0
>            6966    0    0*****  2.0

There has been a problem when selecting only two k-points in earliest
versions of xcxrysden, but it has been presumably fixed. Seems you
discovered a new glitch. Does a similar problem occur also when you
select more than 2 k-points. Could you send the corresponding struct
file.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html