[xcrysden] immediate crash after launch (1.5.24-3 on Mac OS X 10.6.8)

Kiyotaka Hammura kh401 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 16:13:14 CEST 2012

Dear experts of xcrysden,

Could you help me get xcrysden to work on my
MacBook Pro?  My environment follows:

xcrysden: ver 1.5.24-3
MacBook Pro: OS X 10.6.8, 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

It looks that the installation was duly complete, but when I try to
run it on X11 it crashes immediately after giving the opening screen for
only a moment (~0.1 s).  I also tried v1.5.53, but it also did not
work, either.  I already tried "fink selfupdate" and "fink
update-all".  A funny thing is that I can confirm that it (=v1.5.24-3)
works perfectly on MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon, which is running on
the same OS version as the MacBook Pro.

Any comment or suggestion is most appreciated.

Kiyo