[xcrysden] Avoiding xcrysden windows opening while plotting WF

max_bert at web.de max_bert at web.de
Mon Aug 19 11:41:38 CEST 2013

Hey,

I have a follow question to one of my earlier postings. I designed with
a colleague a script which is able to parse and print wavefunctions (WF)
of multiple *.xsf files possibly containing each multiple WF.

The script works perfectly however it is rather slow. Therefore I'm now
looking for a possibility to parse the *.xsf files directly, i.e.
without the window of xcrysden opening. I think this part is the most
slowing down one.

Is there any possibility given by xcrysden or is this even impossible
to achieve with the actual code, as it appears to me that xcrysden is
taking window screenshots and converting them afterwards with
ImageMagick? Where is the code "taking the screenshot" located? I was
looking multiple times in print.tcl but possibly rushed over it.

Greetings