[xcrysden] Avoiding xcrysden windows opening while plotting WF

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Aug 19 12:46:22 CEST 2013

On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 11:41 +0200, max_bert at web.de wrote:
> The script works perfectly however it is rather slow. Therefore I'm now
> looking for a possibility to parse the *.xsf files directly, i.e.
> without the window of xcrysden opening. I think this part is the most
> slowing down one.

This is not correct. Far the slowest part is the parsing of XSF files
(i.e. the WF construction). You may run xcrysden as "xcrysden --quiet",
but that will save only a fraction of a second.

> Is there any possibility given by xcrysden or is this even impossible
> to achieve with the actual code,

I guess no.

Regards,
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html