[xcrysden] Error: grab failed: another application has grub

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Thu Jul 18 10:45:37 CEST 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 08:49 -0700, Masood Yousaf wrote:
> Dear Xcrytalden community members.
>
> I got this error while Xcrytalden was calculating electron density for
> contour plots.
>

> Error: grab failed: another application has grub

There are several ways (known to me) how this can happen:
the displayed virtual desktop page has changed while the "Calculating"
popup window exists (i.e. during the calculation) or you have closed
that popup window.

> what is the effect of this error on calculation ?

Shouldn't cause any harm, unless it takes away the "focus", i.e., one
can neither click the xcrysden's buttons nor type in the entries
anymore ...

Regards,
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html