[xcrysden] Error: grab failed: another application has grub

Martin Kroeker martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 18 12:06:04 CEST 2013

> Shouldn't cause any harm, unless it takes away the "focus", i.e., one
> can neither click the xcrysden's buttons nor type in the entries
> anymore ...

Actually it may cause an immediate crash of xcrysden for him, unless he
had already applied the fix from
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/xcrysden/2012-May/001186.html
as there has not been a release since then. (May I also use the
opportunity to remind you of the XErrorHandler issue of
http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/xcrysden/2012-April/001148.html
- patch sent to you back then as requested - as the problem is still
  very much alive on openSuSE 12.3 and probably everything else that
  uses a relatively recent X.org version)

Martin
Dr. Martin Kroeker            martin at ruby.chemie.uni-freiburg.de
c/o Prof.Dr. Caroline Roehr
Institut fuer Anorganische und Analytische Chemie der Universitaet Freiburg