[xcrysden] myParam ignored in minor script

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Nov 11 13:56:34 CET 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 17:46 +0100, Gabriele Sclauzero wrote:

> > I have tried your script. Now I encounter an additional problem, not
> > related to the previous.
> > On my platform the code crashes if the thermometer is enabled with
> > -cpl_thermometer 1

Perhaps the advice of Martin Kroeker can help here. He suggests to
"export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1" before starting xcrysden.

> > Anyway, after removing the option I could run the script, but the
> > background does not change to red (see attached picture).

That's really strange, and I do not understand what is the reason,
because this works for me.

Anyway, if I understood correctly, you experience this only for
multi-script and not for a normal script. Hence you can consider to
embed a normal xcrysden script into a shell script instead and make a
loop on the shell-script level. See the example:
./examples/Scripting/plot_all_MO.sh
(there is some info inside as the script is documented)

The important thing is to replace all $ characters in xcrysden script
with \$ to prevent shell substitution ...

Regards,

--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html