[xcrysden] problem running on OS X 10.9

Oliver Albertini ora at georgetown.edu
Mon Nov 11 17:37:18 CET 2013

Hello,

I am trying to install xcrysden on Mavericks. Using the following Make.sys,
and tcl/tk etc installed from macports, I was able to get everything
compiled. However, at runtime, I get a seg fault with tk +xquartz. Thanks
to David Strubbe, I installed +x11 version, but then the following error.

MAKE = /opt/local/bin/gmake

CC     = /opt/local/bin/gcc-mp-4.8

CFLAGS = -O2 -m64 -L/opt/local/lib  -DUSE_INTERP_RESULT -funroll-loops
-fPIC -DTOGL_USE_FONTS -DHAVE_NO_GETLINE

MATH   = -lm

FC     = /opt/local/bin/gfortran-mp-4.8

FFLAGS = -O2 -m64 -L/opt/local/lib

X_LIB     = -L/opt/local/lib -lXmu -lX11 -lXext

X_INCDIR  = -I/opt/local/include

COMPILE_TCLTK = no

COMPILE_MESA  = no

TK_LIB      = -L/opt/local/lib -ltk8.6

TCL_LIB     = -L/opt/local/lib -ltcl8.6

GLU_LIB     = -L/opt/local/lib -lGLU

GL_LIB      = -L/opt/local/lib -lGL

MESCHACH_LIB = -L/opt/local/lib -lmeschach

FFTW3_LIB = -L/opt/local/lib -lfftw3

LDLIB = -L/opt/local/lib

# Include Directories

TCL_INCDIR  =

TK_INCDIR   =

GL_INCDIR   =

MESCHACH_INCDIR = -I/opt/local/include/meschach

FFTW3_INCDIR = -I/opt/local/include

Error:

Running on platform : unix

   Operating system : Darwin

Package ImageMagick's convert: /usr/local/bin/convert

Package Ppmtompeg: /opt/local/bin/ppmtompeg

Package Xwd: /opt/X11/bin/xwd

Executing: /Users/oliverralbertini/xcrysden/xcrysden-1.5.53/bin/ftnunit

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)

  Resource id in failed request:  0xffffffff

  Serial number of failed request:  560

Thanks,

Oliver Albertini