[xcrysden] XCrySDEn launching problem

Jeffrey De Lile jeff2007_delile at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 17:16:06 CEST 2013

Dear developers and XCrySDen users,

I am new to this and still struggling to install the software. Actually, I have installed the latest version of xcrysden which is a precompiled version Iguess, XCrySDen-1.5bbin-static and it didn't pop up the GUI. Then I removed it to trash and install  xcrysden-1.5.53 source code. Somehow I managed to install it and launched GUI, however, I was unable to use sample files and the program stuck. Then I rebooted the computer and re-initiate the progrm but then it gives this error;

./xcrysden: 163: .: Can't open /home/vampire/tools/XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static/scripts/xcLib.sh

At the beginning I unset XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR. By the way, I am working in Ubuntu 12.04lts OS. Please someone tell me how to solve this issue.? Is it a problem of undefined XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR or a problem of bad installation?
Thanks a lot.