[xcrysden] Problem in making NEB movie

Mitul Mundra mitulm at iitk.ac.in
Wed Apr 9 13:36:35 CEST 2014

Dear Xcrysden users,

I am a beginner in using Xcrysden. I am using Xcrysden to visualize my
files from Quantum Espresso. In the process, I am tyring to making a movie
using Xcrysden (Version 1.5.24) from the axsf ( Animation Xcrysden
Structure Format) file which I obtained by doing a NEB calculation in QE.
The dropbox link for my axsf file is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d15wx1v9nasyrqy/Si_1_Li_within_neb.axsf . I am
getting an error in the execution of parameter-file (*/usr/bin/mencoder
mf://anim-0000.png, ...... -mf fps=10.0 -o /home/mitul/Desktop/movie.avi
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4*) which says that the *number of files is
0*. Now I have a couple of doubts.

1. I have 7 images in my NEB calculation but in the parameter file, only 6
images are being displayed (anim-0000.png - anim-0005.png). What is it that
I am doing wrong here?

2. Is it possible to see my temporary image files which I am saving in my
Current working directory because I don't see any temporary image files
anywhere?

I would be extremely thankful if someone could help me figure out my
mistake in making the movie.

Thanks
Mitul Mundra
Final Year Dual Degree Student