[xcrysden] Error when rendering the fermi surface

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Fri Oct 2 22:39:20 CEST 2015

Maybe it is because you are running XCrySDen in a virtualbox.  Does it
happen when you do not use a virtualbox?

If the connection to your cluster is fast enough, perhaps you can try
running XCrySDen from the cluster using X11 forwarding [
http://users.wfu.edu/natalie/s11phy752/lecturenote/PHY752lectLAPW.pdf ].

Though, it would best to try running it locally on a Linux computer.  If
you don't have a dedicated Linux computer, but have a flash or external
drive, you could try it on a live USB Linux operating system [
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_USB ].

I don't think there is a software limit on the maximum number of rows in
one column. However, if you know tcl programming, you can look more
closely in the file xcrysden-1.5.60/Tcl/fs/wnFS.tcl as it looks like it
does the rendering of the "Select bands" window.