[xcrysden] Error when initiating XCrysDEN

Elio Physics Elio-Physics at live.com
Sat Apr 9 17:14:45 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I have compiled and configure XCRYSDEN successfully. However when I type xcrysden, and after a while, the window does not open and I get the error:

Running on platform : unix
   Operating system : Linux
Package ImageMagick's convert: /usr/bin/convert
Package ImageMagick's import: /usr/bin/import
Package Gifsicle: /usr/bin/gifsicle
Package Ppmtompeg: /usr/bin/ppmtompeg
Package Babel: /usr/bin/babel
Package Xwd: /usr/bin/xwd
Executing: /usr/lib64/xcrysden/bin/ftnunit
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GetWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0xffffffff
  Serial number of failed request:  786

Can anyone help me on this? I am using PuTTY to access the cluster where XCRYSDEN is.

Thank you

Elio moujaes

University of Rondonia Brazil