[xcrysden] Error when initiating XCrysDEN

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Sat Apr 9 19:03:04 CEST 2016

On your Windows system:

What X server are you using [1]? Xming?
Do you have the "Enable X11 Forwarding" box checked in PuTTY [2]?

On the cluster:

Is X11 forwarding (like X11Forwarding or ForwardX11 or
ForwardX11Trusted) set to Yes [1,3,4]?
What Mesa (or OpenGL) did you compile XCrySDen with [5]?
Did you try "export LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1" [6,7]?

[1]
http://superuser.com/questions/119792/how-to-use-x11-forwarding-with-putty/119908#119908
[2]
https://wiki.utdallas.edu/wiki/display/FAQ/X11+Forwarding+using+Xming+and+PuTTY