[xcrysden] Progblem installing xcrysden under cygwin

fabian Fabian.T89 at web.de
Thu May 11 10:04:58 CEST 2017

Dear all

I tried to install the version supplied in
"xcrysden-1.5.60-cygwin.tar.gz" under cygwin. I understand that
additional packages are necessary to run the software.
I am no experienced user of cygwin by any means to be honest, and have
little experienceworking with linux.
After installation i went into the
cygwin64\xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-shared\scripts folder and executed
xcConfigure.sh.
I have Xming 6.9.0.31 installed and running.
After this i tried to open xcrysden. But i get the following error:

C:/cygwin64/xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-shared/bin/xcrys.exe: error while
No such file or directory

In C:\cygwin64\lib there is a file called libtk8.6.dll.a however.

I tried to find the package that is missing but via the cygwin.exe
installer but there are a lot and the obvious ones did not change the
behaviour.

I would really appreciate your help!

All the best

fabian