[xcrysden] Crystal06 not showing in menu

Matic Poberznik matic.poberznik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:04:41 CET 2017

Dear Uttam,

> I am runningg XCrysden-1.5.53 on cygwin environment. it is doing well
> with  PWGUI-6.1 but the option of CRYSTAL06/03 input is not working. I
> have installed the CRYSTAL06 as crsytal_gui (windows version) on my
> system. Kindly suggest a solution.

To use Crystal you have to add some lines to
~/.xcrysden/custom-definitions file (see link below under "Defining the
CRYSTAL program"):

http://www.xcrysden.org/doc/custom.html#__toc__1

essentially you have to provide xcrysden with the path to the
corresponding crystal binaries. There could be some issues however; you
have a cygwin installation of xcrysden and a windows installation of
crystal so I don't know if the two can be combined (I suppose if the
"windows filesystem" is accesible through cygwin it should work).

Best Regards,

Matic
--
Matic Poberznik
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia