[xcrysden] XCrySDen on Fedora 30

Matic matic.poberznik at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 14:12:14 CET 2020

Hi John,

what you are missing is libtogl2 (at least that is the package name in
debian):

https://packages.debian.org/buster/libtogl2
> I tried the old trick of linking the newer version that comes with
> Fedora 30 but that then produces a different error:
>
> #ln -s /usr/lib64/tcl8.6/Togl2.1/libTogl2.1.so libTogl.so.

It seems very strange to that the version of Togl in Fedora is 2.1,
whereas the latest listed on the Togl download page is 2.0:

http://togl.sourceforge.net/download.html#getting

I would suggest you try to compile this package and add the path to the
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH or find a Fedora equivalent package for Togl2.0.

I hope this helps,

Best,

Matic

--
Matic Poberznik
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, Ljubljana, Slovenia