[xcrysden] Problems in installation of xcrysden

Matic matic.poberznik at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:03:09 CEST 2020

> Thanks, got it. Actually I am initially trying to install on my pc
> with xcrysden cygwin, and installed all the libs as required during
> the software installation, but it shows an Xming error
> 'C:/cygwin64/xcrysden-1.5.60-bin-shared/bin/ftnunit.exe: error while
> file: No such file or directory', so that the installation could not
> proceed further. Are there any solutions to this error please?

I personally prefer the WSL version and if possible I would suggest that
you try the WSL version instead (it is closer to the linux version and
should work better).

Otherwise, the error you report inidicates that you are missing
libgfortran3. I'm not sure why libgfortran4 is not ok, but perhaps try
to install libgfortran3 and see if that solves the problem,

Best,

Matic

--

Matic Poberznik
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, Ljubljana, Slovenia