[xcrysden] Error printing to JPEG

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Mon Feb 22 09:06:47 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-02-21 at 17:57 +0700, Fendy Lovefaith wrote:
> Dear Anton Kokalj and xcrysden mailing list
>
> I try to convert a png file to jpg file and it works very well,,,,,and
> then I try to convert some ppm file from xcrys_temp and it also works
> very well too !!!!!!
>
> Now I have the jpg file on my hand,,,,,so that means I need to do it
> manually every time I want to print to jpg format,,,,is that right???

No!

That was just a test to see if the convert of ImageMagick works OK.

Looking back into your original email, I realized the following:

ERROR : while executing exec /usr/bin/convert /home/revival/xcrys_temp/xc_5886/tmp.ppm /home/revival/File-file konversi/LOCPOT.jpg

You have the whitespace in the directory path. This whitespace is
likely the source of problem. Note that it is not recommended to have
whitespaces in directory names in Unix-like OS. This can break many
things.

To verify whether this is really the source of the problem, you should
execute some xcrysden example (i.e. File-->XCrySDen examples ...) from
e.g. your home directory "/home/revival". Try to print into JPG then.

Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
(tel: +386-1-477-3523 // fax:+386-1-477-3822)

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html