[xcrysden] Installation fail

Sebastijan Peljhan sebastijan.peljhan at ijs.si
Thu Apr 7 16:42:06 CEST 2011

> I am using XCrySDen for the first time in CentOS 5 OS. I have
> configures everything using ./xcConfigure and registered the
> XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR and XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH and everything went alright.
> I want now to start using XCrysden. When I try to execute (or just
> type the command xcrysden), I get:
> ./xcrysden: line
> 129: /Xcrysden/XCrysDen-1.4bin-static/scripts/xclib.sh: No such file
> or directory

That means that XCrysDen is not installed in
you at your_machine:/Xcrysden/...  directory and you probably
miss-configured your XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR and XCRYSDEN_SCRATCH (probably
"/home/you" is missing before "/Xcrsden").

So you have to reconfigure the XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR or, even better,
download the newest version of XCrysDen which doesn't need any
configuration and works just out of the box. You can download it from:

http://www.xcrysden.org/download/xc-1.5.23-linux_x86_64-semishared.tar.gz

Don't forget to unset XCRYSDEN_TOPDIR that you configured previously
before you run the newest xcrysden.

Regards,
Sebastijan

--
Sebastijan Peljhan
Department of Physical and Organic Chemistry

tel.:+386 1 4773 523
fax.:+386 1 4773 822
email: sebastijan.peljhan at IJS.SI