[xcrysden] how to render pre-calculted 3D electron density for Wien2K in Xcrysden?

ZhenChen zchen at blem.ac.cn
Thu Jun 14 10:57:20 CEST 2012

Dear xcrysden users,

    I have a question about wien2k electron density plot.

    As I know, we can use xcrysden to plot precalculated 2D electron density and to render and calculate 3D electron density using 'x -lapw5' command simutaneously.

   I am eager to know if it is convenient to render pre-calculated 3D electron density? In my case, I use Wien2k to calculate electron density in a supercomputer center and plot it in my personal computer, so I can't calculate electron density in my computer where the xcrysden runs.

   So my question is: is it easy to just take off the wien2k command during a 3D electron density calculation and use pre-calculated data to render 3D electron density, which is similar as plotting pre-calculated 2D electron density.

   What should I modify about the commands? Do I have to write a whole new script? What files do I have to get before a plot?

   Any response and suggestions will be highly appreciated!

 Best regards!

2012-06-14

 陈震
   PhD. candidate  Zhen Chen
Prof. Jianqi Li's group, A06
Beijing Laboratory of Electron Microscopy
Institute of Physics
Chinese Academy of Sciences
P. O. Box 603
Beijing 100190, China