[xcrysden] Difficulty compiling Xcrysden 1.5.53

Holzwarth, Natalie natalie at wfu.edu
Sat Jun 16 00:29:07 CEST 2012

Dear Xcrysden developers,
       In compiling the 1.5.53 version of Xcrysden I ran into the following
error which was generated in ubuntu 10.4 and 12.04 using the gcc compiler.
 I briefly scanned the archive and could not find previous instances of
this problem.

gcc -g -static -ansi -ffast-math -funroll-loops -DUSE_FONTS -pedantic -Wall
  -DUSE_FONTS
-I/home/natalie/Sharedata/Visualization/Xcrysden/xcrysden-1.5.53/external/src/tcl8.5.11/generic
-I/home/natalie/Sharedata/Visualization/Xcrysden/xcrysden-1.5.53/external/src/tk8.5.11/generic
-I/home/natalie/Sharedata/Visualization/Xcrysden/xcrysden-1.5.53/external/include
   -c gl2ps.c
gl2ps.c: In function ‘gl2psPutPDFText’:
gl2ps.c:3416: error: ‘M_PI’ undeclared (first use in this function)
gl2ps.c:3416: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
gl2ps.c:3416: error: for each function it appears in.)

I notice the M_Pi is defined in the subroutine shank_Hinv.c, but it
apparently does not know the value in gl2ps.c.   Thanks in advance for any
suggestions on how to fix this problem.
                                                         Sincerely, Natalie
Holzwarth

N. A. W. Holzwarth                                       email:
natalie at wfu.edu
Department of Physics                                  web:
http://www.wfu.edu/~natalie
Wake Forest University                                 phone:
1-336-758-5510
Winston-Salem, NC 27109 USA                     office: Rm. 300 Olin
Physical Lab