[xcrysden] Issue with image printing (cygwin)

Tone Kokalj tone.kokalj at ijs.si
Fri Jun 14 22:52:14 CEST 2013

On Thu, 2013-06-13 at 09:43 -0400, Alejandro Suarez wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am unsure if this is a cygwin, imagemagick, or xcrysden error, but I
> figured I would start here.
>
> Whenever I try exporting an animation, printing to an image, or even
> viewing the temporary *.ppm files created during viewing of an XSF file,
> I am given a highly distorted image. As an example, I have attached a
> tarball with two files: a simple XSF file of ZnS (from the XSF format
> documentation) and the result of exporting the frame to PNG. The result
> is similar when exporting to any other format, except for the onerously
> data-heavy vectoral eps (bmp-based eps is still distorted).

If it gives distorted images also for the PPM format, then this implies
that it is not a problem of image converting programs, but is likely
some system OpenGL related issue ...

I don't know, but perhaps consider updating your cygwin, maybe that will
fix the problem (who knows?)

> Also, this issue occurs with and without openGL support enabled within
> cygwin.

The OpenGL is always used, what you mean is probably the OpenGL hardware
acceleration instead.

Regards,
--
Anton Kokalj
J. Stefan Institute, Jamova 39, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia

Please, if possible, avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
See:  http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html