[xcrysden] Trouble installing, running

Gavin Abo gsabo at crimson.ua.edu
Wed Mar 11 16:50:48 CET 2015

Yes, the recent binary packages on the xcrysden website were compiled
against 8.5, such that they only support 8.5.

Have you tried the Semishared binary
(xcrysden-1.5.60-linux_x86_64-semishared.tar.gz if your Fedora is 64 bit
or xc-1.5.24-linux_x86-semishared.tar.gz if your Fedora is 32 bit) [
http://www.xcrysden.org/Download.html ]?  The semishared package is
statically linked and includes the tk8.5 library files; so you shouldn't
need to install tk8.5 unlike the shared package that it looks like you
were trying to use.