[xcrysden] XCrysDen issue on Fedora 34

Matic matic.poberznik at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 12:43:26 CEST 2021

Hi,

I don't think you need to do that (you need it only to use with the
tclsh); I suggest you unpack it somewhere in your home directory and
then add the following to your ~/.bashrc:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/path/to/Togl:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

(replace /path/to/Togl/ with the correct path that contains libTogl.so.2
(i suppose "lib/Togl2.0")
the either open a new terminal or type: source ~/.bashrc

you can check if the changes were accepted with: echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

finally to see if xcrysden finds the library try:

ldd ~/path/to/xcrysden/bin/xcrys

(this command will list all the libraries connected to xcrysden and
their locations, check for libTogl2.0 to see if it points to the right
file, i.e., libTogl.so.2 => /path/to/Togl/libTogl.so.2 ):

Best,

Matic